Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Morgantown is the best city I have ever lived in and I just wanted to say THAT I LOVE WV
- Hello Morgantown I was twice in your nice little city and I had a great time. I will never forget this awesome little place. Hope to be back soon.
- I was searching for some information about Morgantown, because I´ll go the next 28 of October until November 4th. The reason of my visit to Morgantown it´s an students exchange program beetwen the University of West Virginia and the Law School of Guanajuato´s University.
- Graduated WVU in 1995. Far from the town,I miss a lot of things.In my first year I was in Towers. Next year in an apartment somewhere near sunnyside. Rest of years,I was living in an apartment on Forest Ave. But The thing I'm missing most is a guy in Den! Is he still there?
- Born and raised in Morgantown but joined the Air Force in 1972. Still have family living there.
- I have to say the web sight is wonderfull, the pictures are great. If anyone knows any Householders contact them for me. They were great people, a wonderful family from Morgantown. We use to go to Ocean City, MD, for the Summer.