Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Morgantown was great. We`ll be back!
- Although I`ve lived in northern California for the past 23 years I was born & raised in Morgantown and still miss it! The town just keeps getting better. Now when I start getting homesick I can come here - a really good web site & great photos
- OK, I was ecstatic to see a Morgantown website. Back in August of 2000, my family was driving along the highway outside of your city when our transmission went out in our van, after being nearly hit by an on-coming semi-truck, we were towed back to your town and we ended up staying in your Holiday Inn. It was very nice. We still joke about our improptu vacation in Morgantown West Virginia. It's a memory I'm not soon to forget.
- I LOVE MORGANTOWN I WAS BORN THERE AND LIVED THERE FOR 19 YEARS
- I used to live in Morgantown, WV, and I still visit it every summer. It is a very nice place to spend a lot of your time. It is a very beautiful place!! This website is very nice. Job well done.
- You have the city I see in my dreams of the place I want to be .How lucky you are you may not know,but I do. If and when I can sell my house I can tell you in person.I have lived all around the country and now live in the city they call Paridise,but it is not to me. When I see all the beauty that surounds your city and feel the hearts of the people the keep the city streets covered in flowers I want to be a part of it all.I have a week off coming up and hope to be able to come and see for myself what I saw as a young man driving through and now on your web site.Till then may you all live in beauty and love.God bless.