Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Well, we just got back from a visit up there, and it`s the first time i`ve been. My grandfather went there.my mother and uncle did also. it`s an amazing town, and i`m hopefully going to college there!
- I love Morgantown, I spent a best time of my life there last summer. But I live in Russia...
- Just found your site. E. was from Morgantown, WV. I have been there once and it is very beautiful.. I have never seen such a big city that was as clean as yours, job well done.
- During the fall semester/95 I was a student at the IEP and I won't forget the great time I had in Morgantown and the wonderful people I met there. I love WVU.
- Your Web Site is really wonderful and I bookmarked it. Thank you for the hard work you must have put in to create this wonderful facility. Keep up the excellent work!
- I was surfing the web and found this site. I was born and raised in Fairmont and grew up loving WV! There is no place like home and WV will always be my home!