Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Have lived here for 26 years and could never imagine leaving!!
- che bella città!
- I think Morgantown is the most perfect place on earth. We have so much to offer, and the best thing about it is that most people don't even know how great it is. Morgantown is a wonderful place to grow up in, and it will always have my heart.
- I will be visiting your city on Business in November. I took the time to lookup some facts of your city and am pleased with the information I found. Thank you very much
- Well, we just got back from a visit up there, and it`s the first time i`ve been. My grandfather went there.my mother and uncle did also. it`s an amazing town, and i`m hopefully going to college there!
- Left Morgantown in 1954. Have enjoyed this web-site. Morgantown is a beautiful as ever. Sometimes wish I were back there. I guess once a West Virginian your always a West Virgininian. I have many wonderful memories.