Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I love this town! I've lived here all my life.
- I am in the first grade at Cass Elementary and I like this web site because of all the pictures,and it tells me about my state, and I love the Photo Gallery.
- I was born and raised in Morgantown. It is the best place in the world. Especially compared to south korea. After the Army I am planning on coming back....
- We love living in Morgantown!
- Excellent content; looking forward to attending my first WVA Mountaineer football game!
- I CLICKED TO SEE WHERE DAVID SELBY WAS BORN AND RAISED. BEAUTIFUL PLACE. ENJOYED!