Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Very nice city website. For the size of Morgantown it is a very nice city. Love the pictures of downtown and surrounding areas. Keep up the good work on keeping your city neat and clean...while keeping the historic look also.
- I grew up in Westover and graduated from WVU in 1951. I visit Morgantown regularly.
- Nice site keeps me in touch with my home town/county/state!
- I will be visiting your city on Business in November. I took the time to lookup some facts of your city and am pleased with the information I found. Thank you very much
- I miss Morgantown so much sometimes that it hurts!
- I was born and raised in Morgantown! GOOOOO 'EERS