Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I was in town visiting my father last week and continue to be impressed with the growth and direction that the city is taking. Since I left in 1979, I only get back one or two times a year for visits. Every time, there are new improvements to see. Keep up the great work.
- I am from Toronto Canada and was watching A&E autobiography on Don Knotts. You have a beautiful city!
- I love this town! I've lived here all my life.
- Hello from Germany ! We have hosted a Morgantown student (E. Case) for nearly a year. She told us a lot of your nice town. I will try to visit soon.
- I plan to visit Morgantown in June or July this year. Looking forward to seeing all the sites and any actively going on.
- Have lived here for 26 years and could never imagine leaving!!