Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Greetings from Fahad Ghamdi to the beautiful city of Morgantown. I lived there from 1998 to 2001. If I had the choose I would not leave the beautiful country
- Morgantown is awesome. Cool Ridge is my favorite store. Rock On Always!
- I CLICKED TO SEE WHERE DAVID SELBY WAS BORN AND RAISED. BEAUTIFUL PLACE. ENJOYED!
- I ENJOYED YOUR SITE.
- Have lived here for 26 years and could never imagine leaving!!
- I have lived here in Morgantown for 22 years and i can't tell u how much i have love being here...But i don't care to much for the hill's ....But i to love west virginia i'm going to live here till the day i die....i have two kids that love it here and i would never move....keep up the good work and take care of WEST VIRGINIA.....