Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Despite the apathy my old hometown has for my works, I still am an admirer of it's charm and beauty. I like the site design here...all it's missing is a link to my works! Yahoo's "Romantic Poet of the Internet".
- I miss Morgantown a lot. I lived there for two years and I loved every day of my stay. Hope to come back soon.
- Great site to check out about the city of Morgantown, you need links to address the area surrounding the County and City. Parent were born and raised in Morgantown and I try and come back yearly for family reunion. My ancestry is from Dellslow and the Daybrook area's. West Virginia is what I have always considered a second home.
- I go back to visit Morgantown every once in a while, not often enough though!! I love this website. My new husband loves Mo'town!! My mother moved back from Florida. That's how WONDERFUL this town is!!! I would love to move back. My husband said he would love to move there too!! I love all the renovations that have been done!! It's a BEAUTIFUL TOWN!!!
- I am seriously thinking about moving. I would love to call Morgantown my new home!!
- I love Morgantown. Born and raised in Motown. Went to school at WVU. I am in Montana in the Air Force, but I get back home every chance I get. It is nice to get online and see a little piece of home. Thank you.