Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Well, we just got back from a visit up there, and it`s the first time i`ve been. My grandfather went there.my mother and uncle did also. it`s an amazing town, and i`m hopefully going to college there!
- In 1977, I made a trip to Washington, D.C., and remember going thru Morgantown and absolutely falling in love with it. So picturesque, and friendly. It has grown over the years, I'm sure, but am thinking of making a move in the near future, and Morgantown is certainly still on my list of favorite places.
- Graduated WVU in '94. I love Morgantown. Some of the best years spent there!!
- I lived in Morgantown from 1971-75 & always loved the city.
- Just saw a piece on Don Knotts on Biography on the cable network A&E. Makes me so proud of Morgantown.
- We are native Morgantowners now living in California. This is our first visit to this site. Looks like there have benn a lot of changes in the old town. L. MHS '61. F. St Francis '54.Great Site. Hello to our hometown. Look forward to visiting and seeing all the changes.