Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I have lived here in Morgantown for 22 years and i can't tell u how much i have love being here...But i don't care to much for the hill's ....But i to love west virginia i'm going to live here till the day i die....i have two kids that love it here and i would never move....keep up the good work and take care of WEST VIRGINIA.....
- Hi, from a former Mo'town resident... I kinda miss my small hilly town....
- It`s really nice. I enjoyed looking at the pictures.
- I was born in Morgantown in 1962, lived there until 1989 when I moved to Lakeland, FL. I love the warm weather here but sometimes miss the snow and the mountains.
- Even though I have been gone over a year, I still consider Morgantown and West Virginia my home. I just love coming down Cheat Mountain and knowing that I will soon be in a nice, comfortable place. You can`t truly appreciate what a good feeling that is until you relocate to a big city with crime, and traffic, etc. If I could move my company here I would be back in a heartbeat!
- Great site, and a beautful city.