Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Have lived here for 26 years and could never imagine leaving!!
- My Dad, A. Morse Gilbert was an administrator at the WV University Hospital in the early 1960`s. I was born there in 1963. In 1966, we moved to Florida. I never got used to it. Morgantown is still my hometown, even though I haven`t been back for 40 years! Thanks for the opportunity to visit!
- Left Morgantown in 1954. Have enjoyed this web-site. Morgantown is a beautiful as ever. Sometimes wish I were back there. I guess once a West Virginian your always a West Virgininian. I have many wonderful memories.
- Very nice city-photos and site!! My compliment and many regards to all peoples!!!
- I was surfing the web and found this site. I was born and raised in Fairmont and grew up loving WV! There is no place like home and WV will always be my home!
- I lived in Morgantown for 17 years and loved being there and going to the schools, exploring the town and seeing the sites.