Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- How wonderful to read the comments made about our beautiful little city in the mountains! I am so proud to be a part of this community.
- I currently live in Lakeland, Florida. I left Morgantown in February 2004. I was born and raise in Morgantown. It is a wonderful place to raise a family. Although I miss Morgantown dearly, my home is in Florida now. I am a Floridian by residence and will always be a MOUNTAINEER at heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- This is a great web site, the photos are sooo good.. OMG I really miss Morgantown....And I hope that I could some how come and visit it..
- Beautiful city!
- I CLICKED TO SEE WHERE DAVID SELBY WAS BORN AND RAISED. BEAUTIFUL PLACE. ENJOYED!
- I grew up in Westover. Move to Beckley after graduation from WVU. I plan to move back to Morgantown once I retire in a few years, Can't wait.