Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I miss Morgantown Soooo Much. My heart hurts
- Morgantown is a beautiful town. I hope to live in Morgantown someday so I can be close to my brother and his wife. I want to at least retire here, but hopefully I can move before then.
- I spend a lot of time in Morgantown and love the town.
- I CLICKED TO SEE WHERE DAVID SELBY WAS BORN AND RAISED. BEAUTIFUL PLACE. ENJOYED!
- I lived in Morgantown for two years, and all I can say is that I loved it! The people are wonderful, and downtown has a great life all of its own! Go Mohigans!
- Hello from Germany ! We have hosted a Morgantown student (E. Case) for nearly a year. She told us a lot of your nice town. I will try to visit soon.