Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Morgantown is lucky to have a guy like Don Knotts come from there. your the best Don!!!
- Will be coming during my Thanksgiving vacation from college for some good hiking. Looking forward to seeing this wonderful city. Hope it snows!!
- I love reading all of the wonderful things everyone has to say about my hometown. I'm so glad to have grown-up in such a great little place. Morgantown is one of the most charming places I've ever been, I can't say enough how much I miss it.
- Although I've lived in northern California for the past 23 years I was born & raised in Morgantown and still miss it! The town just keeps getting better. Now when I start getting homesick I can come here - a really good web site & great photos. Thanks so much!
- I have been to Morgantown in 2000 and 2001, and looking at this homepage I remember the beautiful time I had...thinking of Morgantown arouses REAL homesickness within my heart ! Keep prospering, and see u soon !
- Your Web Site is really wonderful and I bookmarked it. Thank you for the hard work you must have put in to create this wonderful facility. Keep up the excellent work!