Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I did a search on the Joni Mitchell lyric "When morning comes to Morgantown ... " this evening. As a result of the search I came across your site. You probably get a lot of people stop in your town just to see what Joni was singing about. It must be a great place, as it`s a beautiful song, and one that near moves me to tears because of its charming simplicity and superbly selected lyrics.
- I enjoy Morgantown, and wouldn't move for anything.
- I grew up in Morgantown and it's nice to see some new pictures since I have not returned since my father passed away.
- Is always a pleasure to see Morgantown!
- In 1977, I made a trip to Washington, D.C., and remember going thru Morgantown and absolutely falling in love with it. So picturesque, and friendly. It has grown over the years, I'm sure, but am thinking of making a move in the near future, and Morgantown is certainly still on my list of favorite places.
- I was surfing the web and found this site. I was born and raised in Fairmont and grew up loving WV! There is no place like home and WV will always be my home!