Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I love Morgantown. Born and raised in Motown. Went to school at WVU. I am in Montana in the Air Force, but I get back home every chance I get. It is nice to get online and see a little piece of home. Thank you.
- It`s really nice. I enjoyed looking at the pictures.
- Glad to see this fine Web Site. Great Job ! I was born in Morgantown in 1938. My Aunts & Uncle went to school with Don Knotts & the Knott's home was just a few blocks from my Grandmother's house at 217 Green Street. My Dad graduated from WVU in 1938 & he & I visited some of the University Staff a few years ago. He lives in Greensboro,NC & must be one of the oldest living Alumni (Class of 1938).
- Graduated WVU in '94. I love Morgantown. Some of the best years spent there!!
- Hi there Motown!! I lived in Morgantown for quite a few years, and sadly, had to move in 1979, but still miss the place a lot. I have great memories of Suncrest Jr. High, the CAC, MHS, Riding the PRT and living in North Hills on Cherry Lane. I would love to hear from any of my old friends who may be out there!!! Love to hear from you!!
- I currently live in Lakeland, Florida. I left Morgantown in February 2004. I was born and raise in Morgantown. It is a wonderful place to raise a family. Although I miss Morgantown dearly, my home is in Florida now. I am a Floridian by residence and will always be a MOUNTAINEER at heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!