Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I have some friends in Morgantown - and the mayor better takes care of them!
- I am from Toronto Canada and was watching A&E autobiography on Don Knotts. You have a beautiful city!
- I am originally from New Jersey, and my wife is from Kentucky, but we have lived in the Morgantown area for over 15 years, first as WVU students, then as working singles, and now as a very happily married couple. We love living here, being active members of Chestnut Ridge Community Church and true Mountaineer fans! We think Morgantown has a lot going for it.
- I miss Morgantown so much sometimes that it hurts!
- I was just browsing future tourist locations, your town looks beautiful
- Morgantown is a great place to live. I have lived here all my life(14 years) and I'd have to say it's the only place I want to live. We should break a world record or something though...one thats good...because some people don't even know we're a state![West Virginia] Anyways....that's all I'm going to say. Bye.