Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Beautiful city!
- My family and I had the pleasure to visit your beautiful town in November 2000. We spent 2 weeks visiting Morgantown and surrounding areas. I have a cousin that lives in Morgantown, her and I had corresponded since we were 15 years old but until last year had never met. It was a fantastic experience.
- I was born in Morgantown in 1962, lived there until 1989 when I moved to Lakeland, FL. I love the warm weather here but sometimes miss the snow and the mountains.
- I really enjoy the website. I moved away from Morgantown 6 years ago and it is nice to see what is going on.
- I did a search on the Joni Mitchell lyric "When morning comes to Morgantown ... " this evening. As a result of the search I came across your site. You probably get a lot of people stop in your town just to see what Joni was singing about. It must be a great place, as it`s a beautiful song, and one that near moves me to tears because of its charming simplicity and superbly selected lyrics.
- Nice site! It was nice seeing Morgantown again. I picked ite address up from the azimuthwv.com site.