Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Nice to see pictures and read information about home.
- I really enjoy the website. I moved away from Morgantown 6 years ago and it is nice to see what is going on.
- Beautiful place, beautiful people! I love it.
- I currently live in Lakeland, Florida. I left Morgantown in February 2004. I was born and raise in Morgantown. It is a wonderful place to raise a family. Although I miss Morgantown dearly, my home is in Florida now. I am a Floridian by residence and will always be a MOUNTAINEER at heart!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Hi! Greetings from Germany. Great site, i heared about this from a student (hi Krystal) of your town. Visit my town too at: www.Lauter-Sachsen.de Best wishes
- I moved out of morgantown to G.A.Now i cant wait to come home. Morgantown has been very helpful to me .Also bringing back a friend that has never been here.He says that from what he has read about the town he says that he should like it there.I really do hope that he likes it.I just can`t wait to come home.