Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Thanks for the flashback of memories!!!
- I come to Motown every year and i think its an awesome place.
- Even though I have been gone over a year, I still consider Morgantown and West Virginia my home. I just love coming down Cheat Mountain and knowing that I will soon be in a nice, comfortable place. You can`t truly appreciate what a good feeling that is until you relocate to a big city with crime, and traffic, etc. If I could move my company here I would be back in a heartbeat!
- LIVED IN MORGANTOWN UNTIL 1992. WORKED AT STERLING FAUCET , AND PEOPLE LIFE INSURANCE CO AT THE FAIRMONT OFFICE.GRADUATED FROM UHS IN 51. THE CITY HAS REALLY GROWN A LOT IN THE PAST TWELVE YEARS. STILL HAVE CHILDREN THAT LIVE THERE. REALLY APPRECIATE THE GROWTH OF THE CITY
- I love to live in Morgantown. There's really no place like home like Morgantown.
- I grew up in Morgantown and I miss it sooooo much!! I visited not to long ago and I could not believe the changes (for the better). Left in 1980, but plan on moving back to open a business in 2-3 years. "Take me home country road". I LOVE YOU MORGANTOWN!!