Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I lived in Morgantown for two years, and all I can say is that I loved it! The people are wonderful, and downtown has a great life all of its own! Go Mohigans!
- Beautiful place, beautiful people! I love it.
- It's a nice village !
- I did a search on the Joni Mitchell lyric "When morning comes to Morgantown ... " this evening. As a result of the search I came across your site. You probably get a lot of people stop in your town just to see what Joni was singing about. It must be a great place, as it`s a beautiful song, and one that near moves me to tears because of its charming simplicity and superbly selected lyrics.
- I am from Montgomery originally, but travel there to see the Mountaineers play at least once a year. It's a wonderful place. No place like home in Morgantown.
- Although I`ve lived in northern California for the past 23 years I was born & raised in Morgantown and still miss it! The town just keeps getting better. Now when I start getting homesick I can come here - a really good web site & great photos