Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Hi mom I miss morgantown!!!!!!sooo much!!!!!!!!
- I have enjoyed looking thru your state. I am in search of my grandfather since I found he was born in your state in about l988 or ? I didn't realize you had such a beautiful state until I started searching the internet. I will visit this summer in search of my Fisher family. Thank you.
- I miss Morgantown a lot. I lived there for two years and I loved every day of my stay. Hope to come back soon.
- I'm about to leave Morgantown after having spent three and a half month in different fields of the community as part of CIP West-Virginia. I do not want to tell a long story about my most enjoyable experiences but I would like to say that I met the most open and friendly people here. Good luck to every citizen of Morgantown and Monongalia County.
- Proud parent of a WVU student. We enjoy the city when we visit. So sad to see the West Virginia Rifle Team cut along with the other sports. West Virginia without the WVU Rifle Team is like Mayberry without Barney!! Please reinstate the WVU Rifle Team!!
- I lived in Morgantown from September 1996 to July 1999 and loved every minute of it. I still try to get back to the area about once a year. I made some great memories there and it feels like home to me. I spent many nights on High Street in the local establishments and made several trips up to Pittsburgh during my tenure. Morgantown will always hold a special place in my heart. I still miss it.