Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I live here, it is gorgeous in the middle of fall, with all the trees golden in color....
- I really enjoy the website. I moved away from Morgantown 6 years ago and it is nice to see what is going on.
- I miss Morgantown a lot. I lived there for two years and I loved every day of my stay. Hope to come back soon.
- Love the town and have been a lifelong WVU fan. I just hope what I witnessed and experienced in Pittsburgh yesterday [Pitt vs. WVU Game on 11/25/00] is never reinacted in Morgantown. My daughter is a student and my only complaint is the limited amount of parking. I come down quite often and always enjoy my visits.
- I love WV.
- I was born (1960) and lived in Morgantown on Huffman Road until I was 9, when I moved to Ohio. I`ve always missed Morgantown and looking at your site brought back many happy childhood memories - Austin`s Grocery, the Theater downtown, Chico`s Ice Cream Parlor, sledding at the University (my dad worked/taught there)... I also miss the mountains and beautiful scenery- Ohio is sooo flat!!