Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I have lived in Morgantown, WV for 28 years and it's a cool place to live. I plan on living here for the rest of my life. There are many things to do around here, you just have to go out and find them.
- Boy, do I miss Morgantown! I had the best time in my life there. Lived there from July of 06 till Feb. 07. Stayed as long as I could,got hit hit by a car on Pleasant st. in Jan.and couldnt work. So I came back to IN. I would like to thank C. Canfield for being in the right spot at the right time for,she seen the car that hit me and called police.I would also like to thank officer S.F. Bennett and the Morgantown police dept. for responding so fast. The person who hit me would have gotten away with hitting a pedestrian if not there fast response. But all in all I love your town and plan on returning as soon as possible. Thanks for such a great place to live.
- Much of the information from your site helped with my school project. Thank you for having a useful site like this up for us. I have cited this site. :)
- I miss Morgantown. I still remember my childhood at Snider St. and Forest Ave. I was in the 1st grade (1983) when I left Morgantown to Indonesia. Now I'm 23 years old, and I'm glad to see through my computer that Morgantown is still beautiful.
- I love Morgantown. Born and raised in Motown. Went to school at WVU. I am in Montana in the Air Force, but I get back home every chance I get. It is nice to get online and see a little piece of home. Thank you.
- Graduated WVU in 1995. Far from the town,I miss a lot of things.In my first year I was in Towers. Next year in an apartment somewhere near sunnyside. Rest of years,I was living in an apartment on Forest Ave. But The thing I'm missing most is a guy in Den! Is he still there?