Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Hey everyone, I'm from Mo-town and I think u should go on our newest...Rails to Trails!
- Interesting site.. I`m glad to have come across it in my travels. I will be back soon!
- One semester at WVU - I had the best time in my life, so far! I really loved Morgantown and the University!
- I grew up in Morgantown and I miss it sooooo much!! I visited not to long ago and I could not believe the changes (for the better). Left in 1980, but plan on moving back to open a business in 2-3 years. "Take me home country road". I LOVE YOU MORGANTOWN!!
- It's a nice village !
- I lived in Columbus, Ohio for 10 years and Morgantown reminds me of Columbus back in the early 80's before to huge growth! It seems to me Morgantown is ready to explode with a similar growth. I visit Morgantown once a month for schooling and always enjoy the time there.