Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- We were so happy to visit your great website. We are going to visit Morgantown on Sept. 3rd.thru 10th. We are looking forward to the trip. Your city looks great on your website. We will logon again when we get back and let you all know how we enjoyed our trip.
- I stopped by Morgantown for a few days in Spring, 2001. It is a pleasant place indeed, comparing to many dreary places of North Indiana. I like it! Especially when I am listening to John Denwer in Autumn, 2002, in Hungary.
- OK, I was ecstatic to see a Morgantown website. Back in August of 2000, my family was driving along the highway outside of your city when our transmission went out in our van, after being nearly hit by an on-coming semi-truck, we were towed back to your town and we ended up staying in your Holiday Inn. It was very nice. We still joke about our improptu vacation in Morgantown West Virginia. It's a memory I'm not soon to forget.
- This site is a lot better than I thought it would be. Keep up the good work!
- was born and raised in "Mo" town and like going back to visit. My husband and I are planning to visit next summer and I am looking forward to showing him where I grew up. I do miss it sometimes! Great site!
- Have lived here for 26 years and could never imagine leaving!!