Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Nice, informative website. My daughter is moving to Morgantown to attend grad school. I look forward to visiting there soon.
- I love to live in Morgantown. There's really no place like home like Morgantown.
- Awesome site! i spend a lot of free time just tooling around the net looking for interesting sites. this is definetly one of the neatest i`ve seen. Liked the colour scheme and the resources are quite informative. I am sure the community out here is wonderful. I would recommend it to my friends and i have book marked it myself.Well, all i would say at this moment is great job, keep up the good works.keep up the good work
- I have lived in Morgantown, WV for 28 years and it's a cool place to live. I plan on living here for the rest of my life. There are many things to do around here, you just have to go out and find them.
- I am from Montgomery originally, but travel there to see the Mountaineers play at least once a year. It's a wonderful place. No place like home in Morgantown.
- I love morgantown I grew up and live there for 40 years all my family still live there I go back as often as I can.