Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- My family is from Morgantown, my family moved away when I was 13 yrs old. Was always telling my husband and children about the fireflyies, couple of years ago we returned for a family reunion and my family was able to see what i grew up with. My husband loves Morgantown, and I agree with him. It is the most beautiful city and has changed alot in all the years I was gone. We lived in Jerome Park area. Could not believe when I came back how I remember the area so well. Did not get lost like i thought.
- I moved from Morgantown in June, I currently reside in Pittsburgh to go to school, and I can't wait to come home!!
- I LOVE MORGANTOWN!!!
- Hello from Germany ! We have hosted a Morgantown student (E. Case) for nearly a year. She told us a lot of your nice town. I will try to visit soon.
- Interesting site.. I`m glad to have come across it in my travels. I will be back soon!
- Proud parent of a WVU student. We enjoy the city when we visit. So sad to see the West Virginia Rifle Team cut along with the other sports. West Virginia without the WVU Rifle Team is like Mayberry without Barney!! Please reinstate the WVU Rifle Team!!