Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Cool Site Its Great To Find Out Things For School And Stuff!!
- Morgantown is a great town. I spent 7 years in Mo'town as a student at WVU. I loved being there and did not want to live. My wife and I are both considering returning to WVU; she for a Master's degree and me for a PhD. I look forward to returning to Morgantown on occasion and I really look forward to returning as a student...Let's Goooooooooooooo Mountaineers!!!!!!!!!!!
- This is a great web site, the photos are sooo good.. OMG I really miss Morgantown....And I hope that I could some how come and visit it..
- Your Web Site is really wonderful and I bookmarked it. Thank you for the hard work you must have put in to create this wonderful facility. Keep up the excellent work!
- Great Site! I just love Barney Fife! He is my favorite actor on Andy Griffith. I love his sense of humor and how well he performs. Keep up the good work on the site!
- One semester at WVU - I had the best time in my life, so far! I really loved Morgantown and the University!