Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Very nice web site with interesting information. Keep up your good work---and work together ! Thank you.
- Despite the apathy my old hometown has for my works, I still am an admirer of it's charm and beauty. I like the site design here...all it's missing is a link to my works! Yahoo's "Romantic Poet of the Internet".
- I love to live in Morgantown. There's really no place like home like Morgantown.
- I can understand why Morgantown was selected as number one city. Our children grew up in Morgantown. My son played baseball and basketball at Morgantown High. I worked for Equitable Life Ins on High st for 15 years until i transferred to MD. Some of the greatest people we have ever met live in Morgantown my wife and I will never forget the kindness and caring the people of Morgantown always had time to share. My son and friends always spent a lot of time on the river it sure is beautiful today. The city has come a long way. My daughter and granddaughter and grandson still live there, can't get them away. I want to say hello to the many people i still know and love. God Bless Morgantown a great place to live.
- Morgantown was great. We`ll be back!
- Great website and looking forward to visiting on our way from Pittsburgh to DC!