Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I'd like to thank S. O'Brien for being such a gracious host during my visit to your community. She made my trip the best anyone could ask for. I most appreciate her taking the time to show me the community, taking us to a ball game, and showing us the best places to eat, and have a toddy. Please give her a BIG "THANK YOU" from me.
- I am going to be re-locating to Morgantown soon, sometime next fall...and I cant wait.
- Nice to see pictures and read information about home.
- What a wonderful city to be born and raised in! Just wanted to tell Lou and Mom to keep up the good work!!!
- Just keeping up with the old hometown and finding out if all is well. I last visited 3 years ago when my oldest brother died and was still impressed with the people of Morgantown. They still are kind, gentle, and caring for each other and for outsiders too! Morgantown was in the 50's and each time we visit enjoyable! Thanks for the great memories.
- Very nice city-photos and site!! My compliment and many regards to all peoples!!!