Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- My lady friend and I spent a weekend at the Waterfront Place Hotel looking out over the river and I must say you have a beautiful city and very friendly people who helped us with our small mini walking tour. I am Town Manager of the Town of New Windsor, Maryland which is just over the line from my home in Pennsylvania. I enjoy visiting other towns & cities and your city was very nice. Thank you!
- Thanks for the flashback of memories!!!
- We are native Morgantowners now living in California. This is our first visit to this site. Looks like there have benn a lot of changes in the old town. L. MHS '61. F. St Francis '54.Great Site. Hello to our hometown. Look forward to visiting and seeing all the changes.
- One of the best city website designs I've seen. Your concise presentation is to be applauded! It seems you have much to be proud of and rightfully so.
- I am a student teacher who is doing a unit on local government with third graders at Suncrest Primary. I used this site as part of an "Internet Scavenger Hunt" for the students. They had to use this site to answer questions about Morgantown. It was very helpful. Thanks!
- I had a chance to visit your beautiful city in August of this year 2004. It is indeed a city of caring people, wonderful hospitality, and the mountains was breathtaking. Looking forward to the next time