Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I miss morgantown, I would love to move back some day
- Very nice web site. I am researching other city and county web sites for budget performance measures and strategic planning reports. I'm originally from West Virginia and am proud to use your web site as an example of the type of public reporting we need to start down here! Thank you.
- I am seriously thinking about moving. I would love to call Morgantown my new home!!
- I love this city and this site.
- One semester at WVU - I had the best time in my life, so far! I really loved Morgantown and the University!
- I was born in Morgantown,in 1936,In Seneca.Best small town in the U.S.to grow up in.Still have many friends there.Best friend is MIKE E. Hi MIKE......