Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I am originally from New Jersey, and my wife is from Kentucky, but we have lived in the Morgantown area for over 15 years, first as WVU students, then as working singles, and now as a very happily married couple. We love living here, being active members of Chestnut Ridge Community Church and true Mountaineer fans! We think Morgantown has a lot going for it.
- I love this city and this site.
- Morgantown is the best place I have ever been. I will always come back for visits.
- I grew up in Morgantown, and make it home about once a year. Just thought I would check in and say hello
- I have enjoyed looking thru your state. I am in search of my grandfather since I found he was born in your state in about l988 or ? I didn't realize you had such a beautiful state until I started searching the internet. I will visit this summer in search of my Fisher family. Thank you.
- Its a great town my dad lives their in sabraton.