Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Nice to see the town improvements I miss it
- We are native Morgantowners now living in California. This is our first visit to this site. Looks like there have benn a lot of changes in the old town. L. MHS '61. F. St Francis '54.Great Site. Hello to our hometown. Look forward to visiting and seeing all the changes.
- Excellent content; looking forward to attending my first WVA Mountaineer football game!
- I may come this summer in Morgantown (participating at an International Program held by WV University) and I wanted to see how the city is. It seems to be cool...and I am looking forward to see it live.
- I grew up all over the country because my father was in the Navy but the fondest memories are the ones from West Virginia. I'd say that I've lived in no less than 16 houses in West Virginia. I moved in with my father in Morgantown for a while and I loved it. I return every summer and on breaks from school. I usually take my boyfriend with me and show him all of the wondeful things there are to see in Morgantown. It is just a GREAT city. He loved it. He was only there a week but when he went back to Georgia the memories of the long walk by the Monongahela River, hanging out at the Mountian Lair, shopping at the Morgantown Mall, and watching the firewoks from the top of the parking garage on the 4th of July. I looked at the pictures on this page and they are EXCELLENT!!! This is over all a really great site!!!
- I was born and raised in Morgantown! GOOOOO 'EERS