Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I was just browsing future tourist locations, your town looks beautiful
- Graduated WVU in 1995. Far from the town,I miss a lot of things.In my first year I was in Towers. Next year in an apartment somewhere near sunnyside. Rest of years,I was living in an apartment on Forest Ave. But The thing I'm missing most is a guy in Den! Is he still there?
- Enjoyed looking at your site. I have a Christian penpal who lives there and it was interesting to see the area.
- I was looking for a specific place downtown and i found it thanks to your page. thanks
- I lived in this town for 2 years and then moved i miss it more than anything in the world and i will be returning soon
- I was born and raised in motown but left in 1975. my heart is still there and miss it very much. always a true mountaineer fan and a wva girl.