Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I come to Motown every year and i think its an awesome place.
- I have really enjoyed your web page. It feels like I've been there, and I'm proud that my Great Grandfather James Donaldson Guseman came from there. His father Godfrey and grandfather Joseph were also from there, as well as the Donaldsons,McShanes, and Carrolls. Being able to see where they lived was great.
- I lived in Columbus, Ohio for 10 years and Morgantown reminds me of Columbus back in the early 80's before to huge growth! It seems to me Morgantown is ready to explode with a similar growth. I visit Morgantown once a month for schooling and always enjoy the time there.
- I lived in Morgantown about 12 years ago and I wanted to know how much it has changed. I am actually thinking of moving back there soon.
- Nice site
- I really enjoy the pictures of your city, and how very fortunate you are to have such a loving,kind,wonderful human being to bestow so much charity to the university. David gave back so much to your town, and to me, as a DS fan. Live a long, happy life, David. Love and gratitude.