Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I was born and raised in Morgantown. It is the best place in the world. Especially compared to south korea. After the Army I am planning on coming back....
- I went to high school in Kingwood, and lived in Morgantown from 1985-1989 (South Park, Sunnyside, and Brookhaven), while attending WVU. I loved it, and hated it (especially the LACK OF PARKING!). I miss it terribly, and come home about once or twice a year. I check the Dominion Post Website almost every day, and just started checking out this one. I miss Cooper's Rocks, the river, the hills, and the beautiful leaves in the fall, driving up Rt 7 and Decker's Creek, and the excitement of WVU football games (GO Mountaineers!). I may live in the midwest, but I still bleed Blue and Gold, and I miss my home among the hills!
- I have just arrived from Morgantown, where I have friends study at the WVU. I felt in love with the city! It is such a gorgeous and lovely place.
- My lady friend and I spent a weekend at the Waterfront Place Hotel looking out over the river and I must say you have a beautiful city and very friendly people who helped us with our small mini walking tour. I am Town Manager of the Town of New Windsor, Maryland which is just over the line from my home in Pennsylvania. I enjoy visiting other towns & cities and your city was very nice. Thank you!
- I was born in Morgantown, and my Dad was a WVU professor for over 30 years. This site is great; it's so much fun to look at the photos and see what's going on in Motown. Keep up the great work!
- I was born and raised in Morgantown and miss it dearly. The photographs are a great way to see just how much the city has grown. My family still lives in Morgantown, but I don't get to visit as often as I'd like. This is a great way to reminisce and stifle the "homesick" pangs!!