Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Nice to see the town improvements I miss it
- Rode the trails last year and hope to be back in 2004 to do it again.
- I love Morgantown! I grew up there, and I miss it dearly (except for shoveling snow). It`s the best little town ever!
- Many years ago I served in the U.S. Navy with a fellow from Morgantown, West Virginia. His name is James O'Hare. He was a wonderful person to know. That was the first time I knew of Morgantown. I only recently learned Don Knotts was from Morgantown.
- Boy, do I miss Morgantown! I had the best time in my life there. Lived there from July of 06 till Feb. 07. Stayed as long as I could,got hit hit by a car on Pleasant st. in Jan.and couldnt work. So I came back to IN. I would like to thank C. Canfield for being in the right spot at the right time for,she seen the car that hit me and called police.I would also like to thank officer S.F. Bennett and the Morgantown police dept. for responding so fast. The person who hit me would have gotten away with hitting a pedestrian if not there fast response. But all in all I love your town and plan on returning as soon as possible. Thanks for such a great place to live.
- che bella città!