Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I am going to be re-locating to Morgantown soon, sometime next fall...and I cant wait.
- I am seriously thinking about moving. I would love to call Morgantown my new home!!
- Morgantown was great. We`ll be back!
- I enjoy Morgantown, and wouldn't move for anything.
- I was born in Morgantown in `79 but didn`t live here until college in `98. I left in `02 to pursue work in Atlanta,GA and returned just a year later. I also lived in Huntington, WV for a few years, but nothing compares to Morgantown. For a small WV town, the diversity is wonderful. The college is definitely a big part of this town. The hills are beautiful and there are many outdoor activities you can enjoy either in town or within just a short drive from town. Many outdoor enthusiasts love it here, whether they be bikers, kayakers, hikers, campers, etc, etc.. The music scene is pretty good, too. Check out Morgantown. You`ll like it.
- I love WV.