Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Graftonroader Baby they Through The Best Parties Ever An Always Will
- Very nice site, happy to say that I reside in this town. If you've never had the opportunity to visit us, I assure you, you're traveling would be well worth the trip! Hope to see you soon!
- Morgantown is the best place I have ever been. I will always come back for visits.
- In 1977, I made a trip to Washington, D.C., and remember going thru Morgantown and absolutely falling in love with it. So picturesque, and friendly. It has grown over the years, I'm sure, but am thinking of making a move in the near future, and Morgantown is certainly still on my list of favorite places.
- Hello out there from the middle east. Just wanted to let all the people in Morgantown know that you have a native out here serving the nation proud and a making a better life for others around the world. I miss home a hope to get back soon, God Bless America
- Great site to check out about the city of Morgantown, you need links to address the area surrounding the County and City. Parent were born and raised in Morgantown and I try and come back yearly for family reunion. My ancestry is from Dellslow and the Daybrook area's. West Virginia is what I have always considered a second home.