Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I'd like to thank S. O'Brien for being such a gracious host during my visit to your community. She made my trip the best anyone could ask for. I most appreciate her taking the time to show me the community, taking us to a ball game, and showing us the best places to eat, and have a toddy. Please give her a BIG "THANK YOU" from me.
- We were so happy to visit your great website. We are going to visit Morgantown on Sept. 3rd.thru 10th. We are looking forward to the trip. Your city looks great on your website. We will logon again when we get back and let you all know how we enjoyed our trip.
- I have to say the web sight is wonderfull, the pictures are great. If anyone knows any Householders contact them for me. They were great people, a wonderful family from Morgantown. We use to go to Ocean City, MD, for the Summer.
- We picked your city on the road atlas and are looking forward to 4th July celebrations.
- I heard of your Town and WebPage while watching the "Biography" TV show. The Episode was the biography of Don Knotts, a former resident of the area. I am very glad that I took the time to view your Page.
- I GO TO MHS AND THIS TOWN ROCKS.. MHS IS #1