Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I plan to visit Morgantown in June or July this year. Looking forward to seeing all the sites and any actively going on.
- We picked your city on the road atlas and are looking forward to 4th July celebrations.
- Beautiful city!
- I have lived here in Morgantown for 22 years and i can't tell u how much i have love being here...But i don't care to much for the hill's ....But i to love west virginia i'm going to live here till the day i die....i have two kids that love it here and i would never move....keep up the good work and take care of WEST VIRGINIA.....
- I lived in Morgantown from 1971-75 & always loved the city.
- Glad to see this fine Web Site. Great Job ! I was born in Morgantown in 1938. My Aunts & Uncle went to school with Don Knotts & the Knott's home was just a few blocks from my Grandmother's house at 217 Green Street. My Dad graduated from WVU in 1938 & he & I visited some of the University Staff a few years ago. He lives in Greensboro,NC & must be one of the oldest living Alumni (Class of 1938).