Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- My family and I had the pleasure to visit your beautiful town in November 2000. We spent 2 weeks visiting Morgantown and surrounding areas. I have a cousin that lives in Morgantown, her and I had corresponded since we were 15 years old but until last year had never met. It was a fantastic experience.
- I lived in Morgantown from September 1996 to July 1999 and loved every minute of it. I still try to get back to the area about once a year. I made some great memories there and it feels like home to me. I spent many nights on High Street in the local establishments and made several trips up to Pittsburgh during my tenure. Morgantown will always hold a special place in my heart. I still miss it.
- I plan to visit Morgantown in June or July this year. Looking forward to seeing all the sites and any actively going on.
- We love living in Morgantown!
- Graduated WVU in 1995. Far from the town,I miss a lot of things.In my first year I was in Towers. Next year in an apartment somewhere near sunnyside. Rest of years,I was living in an apartment on Forest Ave. But The thing I'm missing most is a guy in Den! Is he still there?
- Morgantown is a beautiful city. I have been a visitor on many occasions. I love the downtown area and the highlight was a canoe trip on the Monongahela River.