Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Great website. I was raised in Morgantown and I have to say this site is a great way to keep up to date on the everchanging Morgantown. I'll be back often to catch up.
- Hi there Motown!! I lived in Morgantown for quite a few years, and sadly, had to move in 1979, but still miss the place a lot. I have great memories of Suncrest Jr. High, the CAC, MHS, Riding the PRT and living in North Hills on Cherry Lane. I would love to hear from any of my old friends who may be out there!!! Love to hear from you!!
- I lived in this town for 2 years and then moved i miss it more than anything in the world and i will be returning soon
- Looking forward to visiting your city. My daughter will be moving there for a new career.
- Great Site! I just love Barney Fife! He is my favorite actor on Andy Griffith. I love his sense of humor and how well he performs. Keep up the good work on the site!
- While I have no connections to WV, I have been to Morgantown many times on our way out to Wetzel County on the Ohio River. It is a great place to shop and get something to eat. We almost always pick up groceries there, and stop for gas. It's a great place to spend some time off the interstates. And, I love the little yellow cars on the monorail! Must be a great way to get around campus. Only noticed recently that Don Knotts was from Morgantown and there is a street named after him. Nice to know! Looks like a really nice place to live...