Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Born and raised in Morgantown. Departed in the mid 50's to enlistin the Marine Corps. Enjoy going back to visit our great city about twice a year.
- Looking forward to visiting your city. My daughter will be moving there for a new career.
- One of the best city website designs I've seen. Your concise presentation is to be applauded! It seems you have much to be proud of and rightfully so.
- I was born & raised in "West-by-golly" Virginia and do miss being in the hills during fall when I can hike, but I love living so close to the Atlantic Ocean. I rasied both of my girls here, but they "like snow", so they go north to WV to see the snow! I came from Kanawha County, WV..East Bank, home of the Pioneers in 1969!!...(if any body remembers...the Great Jerry West...he graduated from the same school I did..EBHS...#44..I will sign off now.
- I was born and raised in Morgantown! GOOOOO 'EERS
- Heard your name on Don Knotts Biography Thought I'd check it out.