Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I was born in Morgantown, and my Dad was a WVU professor for over 30 years. This site is great; it's so much fun to look at the photos and see what's going on in Motown. Keep up the great work!
- Hey everyone, I'm from Mo-town and I think u should go on our newest...Rails to Trails!
- I LOVE MORGANTOWN I WAS BORN THERE AND LIVED THERE FOR 19 YEARS
- As a graduate of Morgantown High School, I am very impressed with your website. I am hoping to get back to West Virginia to visit soon.
- LIVED IN MORGANTOWN UNTIL 1992. WORKED AT STERLING FAUCET , AND PEOPLE LIFE INSURANCE CO AT THE FAIRMONT OFFICE.GRADUATED FROM UHS IN 51. THE CITY HAS REALLY GROWN A LOT IN THE PAST TWELVE YEARS. STILL HAVE CHILDREN THAT LIVE THERE. REALLY APPRECIATE THE GROWTH OF THE CITY
- Many years ago I served in the U.S. Navy with a fellow from Morgantown, West Virginia. His name is James O'Hare. He was a wonderful person to know. That was the first time I knew of Morgantown. I only recently learned Don Knotts was from Morgantown.