Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I love Morgantown! I grew up there, and I miss it dearly (except for shoveling snow). It`s the best little town ever!
- I can see the yours It's a very nice city and I think that I will visit them in the future!!!
- Morgantown is a wonderfull place, i had the previlegious to been living there, i was a UHS student and i had really nice moments in your city.
- Great website and looking forward to visiting on our way from Pittsburgh to DC!
- My family is from Morgantown, my family moved away when I was 13 yrs old. Was always telling my husband and children about the fireflyies, couple of years ago we returned for a family reunion and my family was able to see what i grew up with. My husband loves Morgantown, and I agree with him. It is the most beautiful city and has changed alot in all the years I was gone. We lived in Jerome Park area. Could not believe when I came back how I remember the area so well. Did not get lost like i thought.
- Morgantown is lucky to have a guy like Don Knotts come from there. your the best Don!!!