Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Its a great town my dad lives their in sabraton.
- I love Morgantown. It's the only place for me.
- I grew up in Morgantown and it's nice to see some new pictures since I have not returned since my father passed away.
- Nice to see the town improvements I miss it
- Congratulations, your city is really beautiful!!
- lovely town, folks... did you know one of joni mitchell's best early songs is called "morning morgantown" a nostalgic piece with a lovely melody, from her third album, "ladies of the canyon"... When morning comes to morgantown The merchants roll their awnings down The milk trucks make their morning rounds In morning, Morgantown We'll rise up early, with the sun To ride the bus while everyone is yawning And the day is young In morning, Morgantown...