Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I was born in Morgantown, and my Dad was a WVU professor for over 30 years. This site is great; it's so much fun to look at the photos and see what's going on in Motown. Keep up the great work!
- I was in town visiting my father last week and continue to be impressed with the growth and direction that the city is taking. Since I left in 1979, I only get back one or two times a year for visits. Every time, there are new improvements to see. Keep up the great work.
- I was there from 1994 to 1997. I missed the town and poeple. Very best wishes from Turkey
- Love the town and have been a lifelong WVU fan. I just hope what I witnessed and experienced in Pittsburgh yesterday [Pitt vs. WVU Game on 11/25/00] is never reinacted in Morgantown. My daughter is a student and my only complaint is the limited amount of parking. I come down quite often and always enjoy my visits.
- I ENJOYED YOUR SITE.
- I can't wait to come back to the wonderful city of morgantown. I didn't grow up there, but it is where I plan on coming back to when this is over.