Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- I have been living in Morgantown since 1976 when my father accepted a job at the School of Engineering. I was 6 when we moved here and have never wanted to leave. Being a part of this community for so many years now, and watching all of it's growth makes me proud to say that I am a Mountaineer. I now have three sons of my own and could not think of a better place to raise them. With all of the different cultures here, my children and have grown up with no prejudices or any hints of racism. They love all people and treat everyone with the same respect that they would like to receive. Thank you Morgantown for making it so easy to provide a good life for my children....there is nowhere else I could ever want to call home.
- I did a search on the Joni Mitchell lyric "When morning comes to Morgantown ... " this evening. As a result of the search I came across your site. You probably get a lot of people stop in your town just to see what Joni was singing about. It must be a great place, as it`s a beautiful song, and one that near moves me to tears because of its charming simplicity and superbly selected lyrics.
- I lived in Morgantown about 12 years ago and I wanted to know how much it has changed. I am actually thinking of moving back there soon.
- I grew up in Westover and graduated from WVU in 1951. I visit Morgantown regularly.
- I moved out of morgantown to G.A.Now i cant wait to come home. Morgantown has been very helpful to me .Also bringing back a friend that has never been here.He says that from what he has read about the town he says that he should like it there.I really do hope that he likes it.I just can`t wait to come home.
- I miss Morgantown so much sometimes that it hurts!