Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- As someone who grew up in Morgantown, it's always a great to visit your site and see how the "town" is doing.. My achievements today are directly related to the qualities of life your/our town provided so many years ago...
- I miss morgantown, I would love to move back some day
- I love this city and this site.
- Best city after Leningrad
- I stopped by Morgantown for a few days in Spring, 2001. It is a pleasant place indeed, comparing to many dreary places of North Indiana. I like it! Especially when I am listening to John Denwer in Autumn, 2002, in Hungary.
- Nice to see the town improvements I miss it