Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- Thanks for the flashback of memories!!!
- I miss Morgantown a lot. I lived there for two years and I loved every day of my stay. Hope to come back soon.
- I was born and raised in Morgontown,WV. I have lived in Michigan since I was 18 years old,I still miss my home town.
- I grew up in Morgantown. I went from grade school through college and entered the Air Force. I'm very proud that the people of Morgantown, West Virgina have taken the time and effort to make this city a keystone for the state. Someday I'll return to be with the family and friends that I envy for living back home.
- Heard your name on Don Knotts Biography Thought I'd check it out.
- I lived in Morgantown from September 1996 to July 1999 and loved every minute of it. I still try to get back to the area about once a year. I made some great memories there and it feels like home to me. I spent many nights on High Street in the local establishments and made several trips up to Pittsburgh during my tenure. Morgantown will always hold a special place in my heart. I still miss it.