Greetings, Morgantonian! If you’re new to the city, just moving in and getting settled, welcome. If you’ve lived here a while and are looking for information on residential services and municipal engagement, you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re in town for a conference at the Waterfront Place Hotel, attending a WVU Football or Basketball game, or exploring the great outdoors, Morgantown is a city that has something for everyone.
Within a 500-mile radius of Morgantown is one-half of the population of the United States and one-third of the population of Canada. Morgantown is one day’s drive from 6 of the 8 largest U.S. metropolitan areas, 20 metro areas with populations of 1 million or more, and 22 of the nation’s top 35 industrial markets.
Morgantown shares its news in a semi-weekly newsletter, and neighborhood news monthly! With City Council news and upcoming agendas, Neighborhood announcements, big events, schedules, calendars, and news from our website, the City is becoming mobile-first for those looking to be in-the-know about municipal news.
What people are saying about Morgantown…
- We have an opportunity to choose from one of 68 towns for a golfing vacation and we wanted to check out Morgantown to see if its a place we wanted to spend time.
- I have just arrived from Morgantown, where I have friends study at the WVU. I felt in love with the city! It is such a gorgeous and lovely place.
- Love the town and have been a lifelong WVU fan. I just hope what I witnessed and experienced in Pittsburgh yesterday [Pitt vs. WVU Game on 11/25/00] is never reinacted in Morgantown. My daughter is a student and my only complaint is the limited amount of parking. I come down quite often and always enjoy my visits.
- This is a great web site, the photos are sooo good.. OMG I really miss Morgantown....And I hope that I could some how come and visit it..
- I am originally from India, I got my Ph.D from WVU. And Love this town and the people in this town. It is one of the best beautiful places I have seen.
- Hi! Greetings from Germany. Great site, i heared about this from a student (hi Krystal) of your town. Visit my town too at: www.Lauter-Sachsen.de Best wishes