NOTICE: As of Wednesday, Jan. 13, the City Clerk's Office is temporarily closed due to safety concerns regarding COVID-19. If you have questions or need assistance you can reach the City Clerk by phone at 304-284-7434 or by email email@example.com. Paperwork can be dropped off in the Planning Office located across the hall. Thank you for your cooperation.
The City Clerk's office reports to the City Manager and serves as the administrative support to City Council.
The City Clerk is the Record Keeper of:
- Council meetings and minutes;
- History of the City;
- Ordinances; and
2021 Municipal Election
The next City of Morgantown Municipal Election is April 27, 2021. All seven city council seats will be up for election. In addition to voting for council, voters will decide on a referendum to change the city council term limits from concurrent two year terms to staggered four year terms.
For the latest election information please visit our election page. If you have any election related questions, please view our election FAQs below or contact the City Clerk at 304-284-7434.
- When is the next City of Morgantown Municipal Election?
- What council members are up for election?
- How do I run for city council?
- How do I register to vote or update my voter registration?
- When is early voting?
- What time do the polls open on election day?
- Is there a special issue we are voting on in the 2021 election?
- Where can I find a list of polling places?
- I'm a student, can I still vote in the municipal election?
- What should I do if I have any problems at my polling place?