To Contest a Citation:
If you have received a moving violation, white and yellow in color, and would like to contest the charge, please come in on your court date and time listed at the bottom of your citation.
To Plead to a Citation:
If you have received a moving violation, white and yellow in color, and would like to plead guilty or no contest to the charge please do one of the following:
- Complete the back of your citation and mail it to the court by your court date - Please be sure to check guilty or no contest and sign. Please update your mailing address, if applicable.
- Report to the Court in person
- Contact the court by phone at 304-284-7497 and request a plea form. Please have your citation number available.
If you have chosen to plead guilty or no contest to the citation please note the following time-frame for payments due:
- Those who hold a West Virginia drivers license - 90 days from the plea date
- Those who hold an out of state drivers license - 90 days from the plea date
Please be sure to plead to your citation in order to avoid a possible license suspension