- Bicycle Board
- 6:30 p.m.
- 1st Thursday of the month
- Public Safety Building
300 Spruce St.
Morgantown, WV 26505
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
||Chair, Greater Morgantown
|Brian Leary||Secretary, 2nd Ward|
|Jonathan Rosenbaum||7th Ward|
|Harry Grandon||Greater Morgantown|
|Jonathan Nellis||Greater Morgantown|
|Jing Zhang||Greater Morgantown|
|Drew Gatlin||City Representative|
||West Virginia University Student Representative
||Morgantown Pedestrian Safety Board
||Mountain Line Transit Authority
||West Virginia University Office of Sustainability
|Captain Matt McCabe
||Morgantown Police Department
||Metropolitan Planning Office
||WVU Department of Transportation Representative
Bicycling Around TownAll Morgantown residents can enjoy bicycling safely and fearlessly anywhere, anytime, for any reason. Morgantown residents choose to ride bicycles for transportation as well as recreation. Our state and our nation recognize Morgantown for the benefits of bicycling to our health, our environment, our economy and our quality of life.
About the BoardAs a committee of the Traffic Commission, the purpose of the Bicycle Board is to:
- Work to make Morgantown a Bicycle Friendly Community as defined by the League of American Bicyclists so as to reduce traffic demands, afford better air quality, and improve public health
- Make recommendations for improving signage, safety, capacity and facilities for bicycles on streets, trails or other land design or use which supports cycling
- Advocate for the provision of bicycle travel opportunities to and from locations such as residential, employment, commercial, education, recreation and transit centers
- Promote the development of safe bicycle routes to schools
- Encourage use and enjoyment of bicycling and bicycle safety education in Morgantown