Jeff Mikorski, ICMA-CM, City Manager
Phone: (304) 284-7405
Fax: (304) 284-7430
Assistant City Manager of Operations, Col. Glen Kelly
389 Spruce Street
Morgantown, WV 26505
The City of Morgantown functions under a Council-Manager form of government in which the City Manager is appointed by the City Council and reports directly to the elected officials. As the City’s Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the City Manager is responsible for carrying out policy enacted by the Council, overseeing the administration of the City, and maintaining inter-governmental relationships. The City Manager’s executive team includes the Deputy City Manager, City Attorney and department heads, such as the Police Chief, Fire Chief, Development Services, Public Works, Finance, Information Technologies, Human Resources and the Morgantown Municipal Airport.
The City Manager’s Office is located on the third floor of City Hall in Room 15. Regular business hours are from 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. P.M. Voice mail is always available at the number listed above.
The City Manager’s Office provides staff support for several City initiatives and can provide general information and direct you to the appropriate party as necessary.
In an effort to promote a more forward-thinking culture and highlight avenues for improvement among the City’s Departments, they were tasked with establishing a metrics report that City administration recently presented to City Council.
The report was based off data department directors have been compiling since September 2013 that measures every aspect of their operations to determine effectiveness and to enhance efficiency.
Click here for more information and to view reports from each department.
Information Currently Available:
- City of Morgantown Organizational Chart
- List of Department Phone Numbers / Addresses
- Calendar of Public Meetings
- City of Morgantown Employee Holidays (Business Offices Closed)
- Annual Budget Proposals
- Current Bidding Opportunities
- Policy for Gifts & Memorials to the City of Morgantown
- Morgantown Comprehensive Plan
- Noise (party) Ordinance and Regulations
- Noise (party) Ordinance Waiver/ Special Event / Parade Application (Fill out form and return, in-person, to City Manager’s Office, 389 Spruce Street)