The Morgantown Fire Department is comprised of 49 sworn members and 1 civilian Administrative Assistant. The Administrative side of the department consists of the Fire Chief, Fire Marshal and Operations Captain.
The Operations Division consists of 42 personnel and is responsible for all aspects of emergency response. The Operations Division is divided into three crews, each comprised of 11 firefighters, three lieutenants and a division captain.
The Training Division is under the direction of the department’s Operations Captain. This division is responsible for training of all departmental personnel. They are an active partner with West Virginia University Fire Service Extension, RESA 7, the West Virginia State Apprenticeship Training Board and other groups dedicated to fire training.
The Fire Marshal’s Division consists of the Fire Marshal and three deputy fire marshals, who are responsible for:
- Inspection of buildings for compliance with local and state fire codes
- Review of building plans, working with contractors and business owners in the areas of fire and life safety
- Handling complaints and investigations concerning life safety violations
- Enforcement of occupancy limits
- Investigating the cause and origin of fires within the City
Click Here to view explanations of the Fire Department’s mission, vision, goals, objectives and tasks. Or, scroll down for a slideshow of PDF images.
Fire Dept. Forms: