389 Spruce Street
Morgantown, WV 26505
The City of Morgantown Human Resources Office manages the process of hiring new employees, medical and dental insurance forms, as well as working with all employees on questions related to all employee benefits.
City Employee Holidays:
The following days are declared paid holidays at the regular rate of pay for all non-Civil Service City employees
- The 1st day of January (New Year’s Day)
- The 3rd Monday of January (Martin Luther King’s Birthday)
- The last Monday of May (Memorial Day)
- The 4th day of July (Independence Day)
- The lst Monday of September (Labor Day)
- The 4th Thursday of November (Thanksgiving Day)
- The 4th Friday of November (day after Thanksgiving)
- The 24th day of December (Christmas Eve, ½ Day)
- The 25th day of December (Christmas Day)
- The 31st day of December (New Year’s Eve, ½ Day)
- National, State, primary, general, and City Council municipal elections.
Civil service employees shall receive holidays as specified in West Virginia State Code 2-2-1.