September 11, 2013 – Streetscape Complete.
September 6, 2013 – Landscaping & light pole installation complete.
August 30, 2013 – Streetscape Phase V Update: last stakeholder meeting, only light & banner poles and landscaping left to complete.
August 27, 2013 – Marty Sippin with A. Merante Contracting, Inc. has provided these updates regarding the High Street Streetscape Improvement Project Phase V, between Kirk St & Foundry Street:
• All Detours are now dismantled. High Street, Kirk Street, and Foundry Street are all open, and all crosswalks are complete.
• Permanent blacktop has been placed on the City-side of those crosswalks (the sides that won’t be paved by the WV DOH).
• The last of the sidewalk placement and caulking is going on now.
• Parking is available on the West side of High Street, and meters have been installed on the East Side, although they are still bagged.
Installation Remaining in Project:
• Minor work to bump outs and installatino of truncated domes (the bump-patterend concrete in the sidewalk near crosswalks)
• Light and banner poles will be installed when globe and light fixtures arrive
• Landscaping will be done by City Urban Landscape Superintendent Marchetta Maupin.
August 21, 2013 – A. Merante Contracting, Inc. reports that Kirk Street, East side, will be plated, enabling east and west side of Kirk to be opened. High Street will be open Northbound and Southbound Wednesday.
August 16, 2013 – Streetscape Phase V Week 13 Update
August 2, 2013- Streetscape Phase V Week 11 Update
July 19, 2013 – Streetscape Phase V Week 9 Update
July 9, 2013 – A. Merante Contracting LLC Crews have moved from Southbound lane to Northbound lane of High Street between Kirk & Foundry Streets – all road work is now on the other side of the road. This means that the southbound lane is now open, and all northbound traffic must reroute down Foundry Street, right on Chestnut Street, and right onto Kirk to get back to High Street.
July 3, 2013 – Streetscape Phase V Week 7 Update
June 21, 2013 – Streetscape Phase V Week 5 Update
June 7, 2013 – Streetscape Phase V Week 3 Update
May 28, 2013 – Morgantown Streetscape holds first Stakeholders Meeting
May 7, 2013 – High Street Streetscape work to begin May 20
Coming Summer 2014: Walnut Street Streetscape Improvement Project
Get instant text and email notifications by signing up for Streetscape Nixle Alerts. Text “Streetscape” to 888777 or visit http://local.nixle.com/city-of-morgantown/ to sign up.
Streetscape Stakeholder Meetings were held every other Thursday at 8:30 a.m. in the Arts Mon Gallery on High Street, beside Huntington Bank. The last one was held August 29, 2013.
City Liason: Damien Davis, Assistant City Engineer email@example.com
Engineering Consultant: David Weaver, AECOM firstname.lastname@example.org
Business Liason: Terri Cutright & Barb Watkins, Main Street Morgantown email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org