The Morgantown Housing Advisory Commission was created in October 2014. It is made up of 13 members appointed by City Council, and all members except the West Virginia University Student Government representative serve three-year terms. The Student Government Representative serves a one-year term.
The Commission’s function is to:
- Serve as the medium for citizen advice and comment on housing issues.
- Provide advocacy for establishing and maintaining diversity in housing types and opportunities.
- Encourage and strengthen collaborative planning and communications between public and private housing sectors.
- Review, consider, and make recommendations to the City Manager and City Council on all aspects that affect public and private housing.
- Research and discuss housing trends and ideas and make recommendations to the City Manager and City Council regarding housing policy and ordinances.
- Sponsor educational programs on owner and non-owner occupied housing.
|Brian Walker||WVU Off-Campus Housing||10-6-2018|
|Carrie Ann Showalter||WVU Office of Student Legal Services||10-6-2018|
|Tyler McFarland||WVU SGA||10-6-2017|
|Lisa Darden||Fairmont-Morgantown Housing Auth.||10-6-2018|
|Trista Wright||WV Fair Housing Network||10-6-2018|
|Josh White||Licensed Real Estate Representative||10-6-2019|
|Ruth Donaldson||City Neighborhood Association||10-6-2018|
|James Craig||City Landlord Representative||10-6-2018|
|Arthur Trussler||Property Manager||10-6-2018|
|Rachel Fetty||City Resident||10-6-2018|
|Bill Kawecki||Council Member||10-6-2018|
|Mark Trump||Building Code Official||10-6-2018|
|Ken Tennant||Fire Marshal||10-6-2018|
|January 25, 2016||Agenda|
|December 30, 2016||Agenda|
|November 30, 2016||Agenda|
|October 26, 2016||Agenda|
|September 28, 2016||Agenda|
|August 24, 2016||Agenda|
|July 27, 2016||Agenda|
|June 22, 2016||Agenda|
|Dec. 9, 2015||Agenda|