“In many cases, the City is restricted by State laws that prevent the City from making changes that can deal effectively with the impact from these challenges. The City of Morgantown believes that the solutions identified in this proposed Home Rule Plan would allow the City to improve the quality of service and improve the quality of life to residents and visitors, maintain public property at a proactive level, and address issues only seen in Morgantown.” – from the City of Morgantown Municipal Home Rule Pilot Program Draft Application, April 2014
Home Rule DRAFT Application (updated 11/20/2014)
- April 21, 2015 – Public Hearing, 7 p.m.; Proposed amendment to the Home Rule Application, ordinance amending sections 1505.01 and 1511.02 of City Code to grant Fire Marshals and Deputy Fire Marshals arrest authority at fire scenes and for certain violations of the fire prevention code.
- February 27, 2014 – Public Hearing, 6 p.m.; An ordinance amending article 1149 of the city code relating to public nuisance to provide for placing of public nuisance removal liens without a court order
- February 27, 2015 – Public Hearing, 6 p.m.; Ordinance permitting authorization of intergovernmental agreements by resolution rather than ordinance
- December 19 – Public Hearing, 6 p.m.; Ordinance to create a new section within the Administrative Code
- December 19 – Public Hearing, 6 p.m.; Ordinance to create a new section within the Building and Housing Code
- May 2 – Public Hearing, 6 p.m.
- May 6 – First Reading at City Council Meeting, 7 p.m.
- May 20 – Second Reading & Public Hearing at City Council Meeting, 7 p.m.