NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING FOR THE
FY 2020-2021 COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT BLOCK GRANT (CDBG)
ANNUAL ACTION PLAN
CITY OF MORGANTOWN, WEST VIRGINIA
The City of Morgantown will hold a public hearing on Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 11:00 a.m., prevailing time, in City Council Chambers, City Hall, 389 Spruce Street, Morgantown, WV. The purpose of this public hearing is to gather information for the City’s Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Annual Action Plan for FY 2020, which the City must submit to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) for CDBG Entitlement Funds. Additionally, the hearing will be used to solicit the views and comments of individuals and organizations concerning the housing, community and economic development, and fair housing needs in the City of Morgantown. The City invites residents, local agencies, and interested parties the opportunity to become involved in the planning process.
The complete public notice published for this public hearing is available here. Please review the complete notice for additional information concerning anticipated funding, general CDBG Program requirements, and eligible activities.
CDBG subrecipient application packets for not-for-profit organizations seeking CDBG funds for FY 2020-2021 are available here and at the Development Services Department, 389 Spruce Street, 3rd Floor, Office 12, Morgantown, WV 26505. The deadline to submit a completed application packet to the Development Service Department is 4:00 p.m. on Wednesday, February 19, 2020.
The following types of activities may be eligible for funding under the CDBG program: acquisition of property; disposition costs; improvements to public facilities, including the removal of architectural barriers; demolition and environmental clean-up; public services that are new or a quantifiable increase in the level of service; interim assistance; relocation payments for persons displaced as a result of a CDBG activity; rehabilitation of houses; code enforcement; special economic development activities; special activities undertaken by a community based development organization; home ownership assistance for purchase; planning; environmental; program administration; audit; and other miscellaneous activities.
The following schedule has been established for preparing and submitting the City’s FY 2020-2021 CDBG Annual Action Plan to HUD:
- Tuesday, January 21, 2020: Public Notice runs in the Newspaper for First Public Hearing
- Thursday, February 6, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. in City Council Chambers: First Public Hearing
- Wednesday, February 19, 2020: CDBG Subrecipient Funding Applications are Due to the City
- Thursday, April 2, 2020: Public Notice runs in the Newspaper for Display and Second Public Hearing
- Friday, April 3, 2020: FY 2020-2021 Annual Action Plan goes on Public Display
- Tuesday, April 21, 2020 at 11:00 a.m. in City Council Chambers: Second Public Hearing
- Monday, May 4, 2020: FY 2020-2021 Annual Action Plan off Public Display
- Tuesday, May 5, 2020: City Council Adoption of the FY 2020-2021 Annual Action Plan
- On or before Monday, May 18, 2020: FY 2020-2021 Annual Action Plan submitted electronically to HUD Pittsburgh Office
- July 1, 2020: Program Year Begins
The Community Development Division is responsible for working with public agencies and local housing and social service providers to implement the City's federal Community Development Block Grant (C.D.B.G.) program goals and objectives to improve the quality of life for all residents.
Community Development Block Grant
The Community Development Office administrates annual grant monies from the federal government with the goal of providing decent housing, a suitable living environment, and expanded economic opportunities for all Americans.