The City of Morgantown has many ways to communicate with its residents, but for someone who is new to getting involved in municipal government, here are a few notes to get you started.
Social Media Accounts
Online and social media accounts are managed from City Hall, but do represent both the Council and the Administration. They are a pair of separate bodies. The City of Morgantown Twitter and Facebook Accounts are always ways to ask questions and get quick info.
- It's worth mentioning Morgantown's Council is voted in, but any resident can be a board or commission member! View openings on our volunteer page.
- Read this information from the City Clerk about Your First City Council Meeting
- Morgantown City Council doesn't have offices at City Hall, but you can always call and schedule an appointment to talk to an Administrative staff member
- You can always have your voice heard a few ways Use Morgantown Councilors' email or phone numbers
- If you want to petition a City Council action, please read these guidelines to ensure that your efforts are not in vain
- You can submit a request about lots of things like parking, potholes, crime and more on Morgantown CRM
- You are always welcome at the City's neighborhood association meetings. View the meeting calendar.
- Or find your Morgantown neighborhood associations out of a list
- This is the information you all want, though: the Communication page is a comprehensive look at how to get information from us and what is available
- But if you'd rather sign up and forget it but still stay informed, sign up for the enewsletter, send 3x a month
- Do you just have a question? Check our FAQ and Assistance Memos.