View some of the awards and recognition Morgantown has received:
- Morgantown was named the 2019 "Top STEM City" in West Virginia by Insurify.
- Morgantown was featured as a top "West Virginia Weekend Getaway" by Trips to Discover.
- Morgantown was recognized as the “Tastiest Town” by the Charleston Gazette.
- Movoto ranked Morgantown the #1 “Most Exciting Place in West Virginia” for its nightlife, music, and art.
- Morgantown is one of the “Top 100 Best Places to Live” by Livability.
- Morgantown has been recognized as a “Tree City” for multiple years in a row.
- Morgantown was recognized as one of the “Top 15 College Football Towns in the Country” by Bleacher Report.
- Morgantown is also one of the “Top 10 Best Places to Raise a Family” by Livability.
- Morgantown has been named the "Most Educated City in West Virginia" by Insurify.
- Morgantown was named #1 place to live in West Virginia out of The Best Place to Live in Every State by Money magazine.
- Morgantown is one of the “South’s Best Small Towns” by Southern Living.
- Morgantown is one of the “Best Affordable Places to Live” by Livability.
- Morgantown is the 28th community in the U.S. to earn a “Safe Communities” accreditation.
- WVU College of Law was named second in the nation for community impact.
- Morgantown is one of the Top 9 Weekend Getaways from Pittsburgh by Trips to Discover.
- Morgantown ranked as one of the “Best Small Places for Business and Careers” by Forbes.
- Morgantown ranked #1 as the “Greenest City” in West Virginia by Insurify.
- Morgantown ranked as a “Top 10 Places to Retire Under $100 a Day” by AARP Magazine.
- Morgantown ranked #8 in the “30 Best Small Sports Cities in the Country” by Wallet Hub.