The mission of the Communications Department is to ensure accountability to the public and transparency of government; to encourage citizen involvement and participation in government and community activities; establish and maintain an accurate perception of the city among the public; inform citizens of municipal programs and services; and promote the city's achievements.
The Communications Department is an Integrated Marketing and Communications-based department responsible for ensuring that city council, public meeting, and event information is efficiently conveyed to Morgantown residents and visitors and the Greater Morgantown area.
- Website and social media activity
- Media relations
- Morgantown15, the city's Government Access Channel
- Public affairs and marketing
- Production and recording of policy making meetings held in Council Chambers
- Public engagement campaigns
- Policies and Procedures
- News Releases