Join an internship program focused on you!
Here at the City of Morgantown, we don’t believe in making interns do busy work or menial tasks. We’re not just another awesome line on your resume, although we do make your resume look better. Our internships are a chance to apply your knowledge in a real-world setting. This is more than just an internship; you will have the opportunity to truly make an impact on this community and all the people around you.
We are not looking to hire based on past experience. Instead, we are more focused on your character, attitude, and desire to learn. We believe internships are meant to give you experience and help prepare you for your future career. If you’re ready to learn, grow, and be part of an awesome team, then keep on reading!
3 REASONS YOU SHOULD INTERN AT THE CITY OF MORGANTOWN
You can expect to work 5 -10 hrs per week. When and how you work those hours are up to you (to an extent). We know you are busy, and finding time can be tricky. That is why we offer a customizable schedule based on your needs.
Do great work and get paid for it
No matter which internship you choose, we are focused on giving you the tools and training you need to do great work. We value the work you do for us and think you deserve to be compensated for it. All internships offered are paid.
Receive valuable mentorship
Every intern is assigned a mentor in addition to their manager. Your mentor is there to help you every step of your internship to ensure you develop the skills you’re looking for and get the experience you need.
Marketing Intern 2023-2024 - NO LONGER ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS
We are seeking a motivated Marketing Intern to contribute to our Communications team. This role involves assisting in the development and execution of innovative brand campaigns, conducting market research, and collaborating with cross-functional teams to enhance brand presence and engagement within the local community.
Schedule: Mon-Thurs / 5-10 hours a week
October-February (you will have all holidays/breaks off)
Pay: $13 per hour
If you're passionate about doing your best work, making a difference, and having fun doing it, join our team with the City of Morgantown-Communications Department!
Once you have submitted your online application, please email email@example.com the items listed below.
- Name, School Year, and Major
- One interesting/fun fact about yourself
- A link to some type of professional resource ex. LinkedIn, Youtube, Instagram, Personal Website, etc. (If you do not have any of these, then hop on LinkedIn and get a profile created)
- 2 Min video - In this video, tell us why you want to do this internship and what you hope to learn/ skills you want to develop.
- We are not judging your video-making skills. This is just a way to help us put a name with a face and get a feel for who you are. Hopefully, this will help reduce any anxiety about doing a first in-person interview. You can make as many attempts as you want before you send over your final video. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The Marketing 2023-2024 Internship will start October 2nd and go until February. Estimated total internship time (internship pauses during holiday breaks) - 12 weeks
We will begin reviewing applications from September 1st to September 14th. We will begin interviewing finalists after September 14th until the position is filled. You can expect to have two interviews (after video submission) during the process.
The City of Morgantown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.