- Internship Opportunities
Join an internship program focused on you!
Here at the City of Morgantown, we don’t believe in making interns do busy work or menial tasks. We’re not just another awesome line on your resume, although we do make your resume look better. Our internships are a chance to apply your knowledge in a real-world setting. This is more than just an internship; you will have the opportunity to truly make an impact on this community and all the people around you.
We are not looking to hire based on past experience. Instead, we are more focused on your character, attitude, and desire to learn. We believe internships are meant to give you experience and help prepare you for your future career. If you’re ready to learn, grow, and be part of an awesome team, then keep on reading!
3 REASONS YOU SHOULD INTERN AT THE CITY OF MORGANTOWN
You can expect to work 5 -10 hrs per week. When and how you work those hours are up to you (to an extent). We know you are busy, and finding time can be tricky. That is why we offer a customizable schedule based on your needs.
Do great work and get paid for it
No matter which internship you choose, we are focused on giving you the tools and training you need to do great work. We value the work you do for us and think you deserve to be compensated for it. All internships offered are paid.
Receive valuable mentorship
Every intern is assigned a mentor in addition to their manager. Your mentor is there to help you every step of your internship to ensure you develop the skills you’re looking for and get the experience you need.
Current Internship Information
Do you enjoy creating photography, video, and design? Are you looking to showcase the good of the community utilizing a creative eye for crafting stories and visuals?
Do you want to hone your craft by learning hands-on, while at the same time amassing a greater body of photo, video, and graphic design work for your portfolio?
Are you a self-starter who works well on your own, communicates well with others, can organize yourself, and meets deadlines?
If you're passionate about doing your best work, making a difference, and having fun doing it, join our team with the City of Morgantown-Communications Department!
How to apply for Summer 2023
To submit an application for this position, please visit this link.
- Name, School Year, and Major
- One interesting/fun fact about yourself
- A link to some type of professional resource ex. LinkedIn, Youtube, Instagram, Personal Website, etc. (If you do not have any of these, then hop on LinkedIn and get a profile created)
- Link to professional portfolio or 3 photo examples
- 2 Min video - In this video, tell us why you want to do this internship and what you hope to learn/ skills you want to develop.
- We are not judging your video-making or presentation skills. This is just a way to help us put a name with a face and get a feel for who you are. Hopefully, this will help reduce any anxiety about doing a first interview. You can make as many attempts as you want before you send over your final video. @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
The Summer 2023 Internship will start ASAP.
We will begin reviewing applications from May 9 to May 29.
The City of Morgantown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.