Board of Zoning Appeals
- 6:30 p.m.
- 3rd Wednesday of the month
- Council Chambers
- 2020 Regular Meeting and Application Deadline Calendar
Channel 15, the Morgantown Government Access Channel, broadcasts the Board of Zoning Appeals "LIVE" and replayed throughout the following schedule:
- Thursday (day after meeting) at 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Saturday (3 days after meeting) at 2 p.m.
- Sunday (4 days after meeting) at 2 p.m.
This, and other recorded meetings, can be viewed live online and in the online archive:
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
|Vacant||December 31, 2022|
|Heidi Cook||December 31, 2023|
|Chris Benison||December 31, 2023|
|Garrett Tomblin||December 31, 2021|
|Kevin Meehan||December 31, 2021|
Members of the public may participate in an existing case before the Board of Zoning Appeals in several ways:
- Provide a written submission (evidence such as reports, photographs, etc.) while the record is open. Evidence supporting the granting or denial of an application may be submitted to the Office of the Planning Division up to 5 days prior to the public meeting. Written evidence submitted after the deadline can not be considered by the BZA unless there is board finds that good cause exists to admit additional evidence at the time of the hearing.
- Provide written comments for the public hearing. Written comments may be submitted to the Office of the Planning Division prior to the public meeting OR by presenting them to the BZA Chair at the hearing. Written comments that are lengthy but not considered evidence can be submitted up to 5 days prior to the public meeting to allow ample time to distribute them to members of the BZA with sufficient time for review.
- Offer testimony during the public hearing portion at the BZA meeting. All speakers are limited to 5 minutes. If there is a large number of speakers, including many who are part of groups or organizations, the BZA Chairperson may, to avoid repetitive comments, elect to ask a representative to speak on behalf of the group or organization.
To uphold the integrity of the zoning ordinance while hearing and deciding upon applications for variances, conditional use permits, and administrative appeals with meaningful citizen input and technical support from the Morgantown Planning Department.